Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Type Specification

Title: Type Specification
Software: InDesign
Product: Type Specification Document

Synopsis: Lesson about typography and different terms such as Leading, Kerning, and Letter spacing. Also, I learned about picas, points, sizes of fonts, and the like.

Steps: First, I made a new document. Then I followed the steps to make the same font as the paper instructed. This used the type pallet to change the leading, kerning, and letter spacing, as well as the font, size, etc. Then I made the right side, which were two lines that I made and copy and pasted in different areas and typed the rest.

Commentary: It was a simple exercise that didn't require too much to do, besides for the knowledge of typography and different vocabulary words. I did do it correctly, though I did not like how it could not align properly because I changed the two lines's size for some before realizing I needed to align it first.

No comments:

Post a Comment