Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Zoo Postcard

Title: LA Zoo Postcard
Software: Photoshop
Product: Zoo Postcard

Synopsis: The objective of this project was to test our abilities to resize photos, understand resolution, crop photos, combine photos, align layers, and stroke a selection.

Steps: I had to create a postcard using the template that the assignment gave and follow directions to check resolution, crop, and add strokes. First, I picked the five images I was going to use and I checked the resolution to be 300, cropped, added 38px stroke, and then moved to the main document. I put a stroke on the background on the main document and color to the background. I added the text and changed the fonts so that it was more appealing.

Commentary: It was an exercise to use image size and resizing in Photoshop. I got a 98, 2 points docked off for having somewhat light font at the bottom. It looked pretty while it was in Photoshop. Then it met "Save for Web & Devices" and became somewhat not so pretty anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment